Philip M. Vermeulen

Governmental Relations

Philip M. Vermeulen Governmental Relations is a Legislative Advocacy firm specializing in California State Government, who can also provide assistance on the local level when needed.

2014 marks the forty first year since Phil Vermeulen began working in the Capitol. Philip M. Vermeulen Governmental Relations opened for business in 1994 and currently provides legislative and regulatory services for the clients listed below. In total, i the firm represents over 35,000 contractors statewide; over 20,000 small and disabled veteran businesses who service the food and product needs for the California Department of General Services and other state and local agencies; and, two companies that work in the field of workers’ compensation. Phil also specializes in working with local governments on problems affecting his clients.

Phil’s presence in both Sacramento and throughout the state is so ubiquous, that if he doesn’t know someone who can resolve a problem for him on behalf of his client, he soon locates a colleague who does have the needed contact. Simply, this is the way governmental relations companies should work! While nothing can be guaranteed in terms of success within the field of advocacy, Vermeulen’s success rate working with the Legislature, myriad regulatory agencies and local government is second to none.

Contractors Licensing Center

Your resource for ALL of your California Contractor’s License and business needs

• Fast renewal of your existing contractor’s license. We submit at CSLB’s front counter same day (which means immediate activation or re-activation and proof through CSLB date stamp).
• Contractor licensing, application preparation and test assistance. Expedites available (must provide substantiation).
• Assistance with complaints filed against your license.
• Incorporations and other filings with California Secretary of State.
• Filings and assistance for other contractor business needs:

• Obtaining your Employer Identification Number (EIN) through the Federal Government
• Registering with the Franchise Tax Board and Board of Equalization
• Registering with the Employment Development Department (EDD)
• Assisting with the filing of Minority Business, Disabled Veteran Business or as a • Certified Small Business with the State of California

• Assistance with incorporations and licensing in other states.

Contractors Licensing Center